The Frankston & District Junior Football League endorses the following Codes of Conduct and abides by the
WorkSafe: Victorian Country Football League CYBERSAFETY POLICY.
All coaches, officials, players, parents and spectators should read and abide by the Codes of Conduct and CYBERSAFETY POLICY.
Parents & Spectators Code of Conduct (AFL Kids First)
- Remember that Children play sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage children to participate – do not force participation upon them.
- Focus on the child’s efforts and self-esteem rather than whether they win or lose.
- Encourage children to always participate according to the rules.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or for the team losing the game.
- Remember that children learn best by example – Applaud the efforts of all players in both teams
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Show appreciation of volunteer coaches, officials and administrators, without whom your child could not participate.
- Respect umpires’ decisions and teach children likewise.
- Remember that smoking and consumption of alcohol is unacceptable at junior sport
Coaches Code of Conduct
I understand that as an integral component of my accreditation, I must maintain a standard of behaviour and conduct in the best interests of the game and the
players/staff in my care.
In representing myself in an honest manner, and without bringing the coaching profession or the Game into disrepute, I will endeavour to uphold the following to the best of my ability:
- I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all individuals within the context of
my involvement in Australian Football, including refraining from any
discriminatory practices on the basis of race, religion, ethnic background, or
- I will abide by and teach the AFL Laws of the Game and the Rules of my Club and League/Association.
- I will be reasonable in the demands I make on the time commitments of the players in my care, having due consideration for their health and well-being.
- I will be supportive at all times and I will refrain from any form of personal abuse or unnecessary physical contact with the players in my care.
- I will have due consideration for varying maturity and ability levels of my players when designing practice schedules, practice activities and involvement in
- I will avoid overplaying the talented players aiming to maximize participation and enjoyment for all players regardless of ability. Where I am responsible for players in the 5-12 year old age group, I will strive to ensure that all players gain equal playing time.
- I will stress and monitor safety always
- In recognising the significance of injury and sickness, I will seek and follow the physician’s advice concerning the return of injured or ill players to training
- I will endeavour to keep informed regarding sound principles of coaching and skill development, and of factors relating to the welfare of my players
- I will at all times display and teach appropriate sporting behaviour, ensuring that players understand and practice fair play.
- I will display and foster respect for umpires, opponents, coaches, administrators, other officials, parents and spectators.
- I will ensure that developing players are involved in a positive environment where skill learning and development as priorities are not overshadowed by a desire to win.
- I reject the use of performance enhancing substances in sport and will abide by the guidelines set forth in the AFL DRUG POLICY.